Promote and assist individuals and organisations to collaborate on shorebird conservation in the Asia Pacific.
This will be achieved by:
- The development of a network of people interested in shorebird study and conservation to support in shorebird related issues
- The establishment of links between conservation and bird orientated groups in the region
- Developing regional communications links via email websites and the production of a regular newsletter
- Promoting regional meetings and workshops to focus attention on global and local issues.
The Network includes:
- Shorebird/wetlands researchers
- Wetland managers (linked through Wetlands Link International-Asia, Wetlands International)
Conservation and study groups such as:
- National and regional shorebird groups
- Wetlands International
- Birdlife International
- International, regional and local bird groups
- Any interested individuals.